Sunday 20 July 2014

Lavender Quilted - inspired by my phone case

Hey y'all!

Another moment of synchronicity happened in the universe this week, because the FingerFood Theme Buffet prompt and the Sunday Stamping prompt from AIS collided for me to bring you this nail art look which is inspired by the fabric of my phone case!

Lavender quilted phone case stamped nail art

Because I wanted the quilting to be as subtle as possible on the nail, I opted for very similar colors for base and stamping.
L-R: MoYou Nails Lavender, Barry M Prickly Pear, OPI Pinking of You, Collection Hoola Hoop
I started with a coat of Pinking of You on all nails.  You read that correctly, ALL nails.  Why on earth would I want to do that when most of them would eventually be lavender?  Because this mani has some secrets inside.

Lavender quilted phone case stamped nail art

Just like my phone case, there is a bit of pink peeking out around the edges and in fact the free edges of these nails are sealed in pink to help that happen.  Once the pink was dry, I was free to apply two coats of Prickly Pear to all but my ring finger, making sure to leave the free edges uncovered.  Also, because my phone case is pink inside, I decided to give these nails a bit of the Louboutin treatment and painted the underside as well. 

Lavender quilted phone case stamped nail art

Once my base was dry, I applied the striping to my accent nail from MoYou London Pro Collection plate 01 (adapted, because I only wanted 3 stripes to match the card slots inside the case, so I removed the excess lines from the stamper with my lint roller before I rolled it onto my nails).  The quilted stamping on my other nails is from the BM310 plate. 

Lavender quilted phone case stamped nail art

Everything is sealed under a healthy coat of SV.  I particularly love how subtle the stamping is on the quilted nails.  You really have to be looking for it to see it.  Of course I definitely wanted to see how it would look matted as well, so I did apply a coat of Barry M matte topcoat at the end.

Lavender quilted phone case stamped nail art matte

I really dig this manicure even though it's a bit girly for my usual style.  In fact, the phone case itself is a bit girly for me, but the darker case was out of stock when I ordered so I settled for the pastel case instead.

To check out more nail art inspired by fabric or clothing, check out the inlinkz below.



Hope you all had a great weekend, and I'll see ya soon!  Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?