Sunday 27 July 2014

Rainbow Houndstooth nail art - FFTB

Hey y'all!

First off... totally psyched because this is my 200th post!  Today I have a fun bit of nail art that I liked so much I actually wore it on both hands for like 3 whole days!   I haven't really done that with challenge nail art looks much this year because frankly, it seems like as soon as I've taken pics of one look, it's time to take it off and paint another one.  However, granting myself a pass from completing "EveryPrompt for EveryChallenge" has loosened the pressure I put on myself, and is allowing me to actually enjoy some of the nail art I put together, including today's rainbow houndstooth design I created for the FingerFood's Theme Buffet prompt: Rainbows.

Rainbow Houndstooth nail art

Unfortunately this is another look that took a redimpulous number of polishes to achieve.  I started with a white base (LA Colors Energy Source) and then used small, torn pieces of makeup sponge to dab on my rainbow colors, moving in a circular pattern but making sure to stagger my starting point from nail to nail so they wouldn't all look the same.  This began with five LA Colors (Pink/Red: Brussels, Yellow: Shock, Neon Green: Mint, Blue: Aquatic, and Purple: Edgy).  I decided that I wasn't completely happy with that rainbow as it was, so I came back in with some Barry M Mango to add more orange, and elf Teal Blue to darken up my green bits.  Finally satisfied with my base, I sealed it in with SV.  Followers on IG got to see a giggle pic of this step, because I knew I was going to stamp over it so I didn't bother cleaning up after the stamping right away (also, I used a glue barrier around my cuticles to help aid me with that).

Rainbow Houndstooth nail art

The next step was stamping on the houndstooth pattern from VL005 in Konad Black.  Admittedly I kind of flew through this step because I was trying to finish up before Glee started, so the stamping isn't perfect, although some nails look much better than others.  I'm just going to call it a win that they're all on straight and pointing the same direction!  To finish up I added on the AB rhinestones in two sizes and the pretty diamonte bow charm and called it a day!

Rainbow Houndstooth nail art

Remember I mentioned that I actually wore this as a complete manicure on both hands?  Here's proof - my rarely spotted right hand.  Granted, the stamping is worse, but again, all straight and pointing the same direction! 

Rainbow Houndstooth nail art

I hope you like this fun look, because I surely did!  Truth be told I think I actually prefer it without the rhinestones, but unfortunately I had to cover a bald spot in the stamping on my thumb and then it was just "can open, bling everywhere!"  I'm incapable of leaving well enough alone! 



Hope you all had a great weekend, and I'll see ya soon!  Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?