Tuesday 22 July 2014

Casual Pi Day Confetti dotticure - TPTC

Hey y'all!

Happy Tuesday!  Whereas March 14 is Pi Day (3/14), today, the 22nd of July (or 22/7 in Euro shorthand) is Pi Approximation Day or Casual Pi Day, so to celebrate the occasion I have created a little dotticure that reminds me of confetti, and oddly, not pie.  *shrug*  It's also Tri-Polish Tuesday, so I've used this month's colors of purple, green, and pink to create this look.

Casual Pi Day Confetti dotticure

To create this pretty, fun look, I began with a base of two coats of Revlon (Scented) Peach Smoothie, which was part of a Poundland haul I made in Cardiff a couple months back.  It smells, unsurprisingly, like peaches.

Casual Pi Day Confetti dotticure

On the second day of wear, I turned to Barry M and my trusty dotting tools in 3 sizes.  The green pictured is Cancun, a matte shade.  The purple is Prickly Pear, a lilac from the Gelly line.  Representing pink in this equation (see what I did there?) is Mediterranean, a shimmery pink/orange duochrome that hit shelves earlier this year in the Aquarium Effects releases.  I purposely did not topcoat this after adding the dots because I wanted the differences between the three finishes to be evident, and I think they are.

Casual Pi Day Confetti dotticure

This look also fills in for SIMPLES Week 7, which is multi-coloured dots.  I know my placement needs work, but I think overall it looks decent.  I actually kind of like that it looks sparser towards my pinky - like all the confetti is still falling from my thumb down the rest of my nails.  I'm weird.  I know.

Casual Pi Day Confetti dotticure

Anyhoo... Happy Pi Approximation Day!  Let me know what you think down below, and as always don't forget to check out the rest of today's tri-polish nail art looks down below.  Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?



Hope you're all having a great week, and I'll see ya soon!