Sunday 18 January 2015

31DC-D18 - Artwork

Hey y'all!

Today's prompt for the 31-Day Challenge is Artwork, and whilst I was browsing the internet for inspiration for yesterday's Tranquility look, I came across a painting that I really wanted to recreate as a nail art look.

Sunset skyline and tree silhouette freehand painting inspired by an oil painting, "Sea of Tranquility."

Although I found the print in several online stores, as near as I can tell, this painting, "Sea of Tranquility" was originally created by Osnat Tzadok.  I loved the color choices and the way they're blended together.  This very much reminds me of sunsets over Lake Travis in the late summertime, so it feels a lot like home to me.

I used a whole heap of nail polish colors to blend and stroke this nail art out, but suffice to say it was a host of yellows, oranges, burgundies, violets, purples, blues, and a grey and a black.  My original idea was to use a fan brush to blend the colors on, but honestly I'm quite useless with that technique, so I just used an assortment of nail art brushes for the sky and water reflection, and then detail brushes for the land line and the tree.

Sunset skyline and tree silhouette freehand painting inspired by an oil painting, "Sea of Tranquility."

Of course, I couldn't leave this one without - AGAIN - seeing what would happen with a matte top coat, so this is with one coat of Sally Hansen big matte.

Matte sunset skyline and tree silhouette freehand painting inspired by an oil painting, "Sea of Tranquility."

Meh.  Loses the vibrancy of color which drew me to the original painting to begin with.

Be sure to check out the inlinkz for more Artwork inspired nail art looks.




As a closing note... the last prompt in this challenge is "Your Signature Style" and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to do with that one because I'm not sure I have a truly signature style at this point, so I'm turning y'all for help.  How would you describe my style?

As always, much love and be safe, and I will see you tomorrow!