Monday 20 October 2014

70s Rectangular Pattern nail art

Hey y'all!

Well, what can I say?  Happy Monday?  To my American readers... I hope you're not freaking out about the ebola, but if you are, please take some time to educate yourself on how it's transmitted and what the actual risks are, rather than turning on the tv and getting your information solely from the idiot box.  *rant off*  Okay, with all that out of the way, let's talk about some nail art!  This week, the Pick-n-Mix Challenge prompts are 70s and grey+color - so I combined those into this funky rectangular look.

Rectangular stamped nail art in a 1970s-inspired color scheme and pattern.

I *almost* got away with having a neat and tidy bottle shot, all from the same maker.  Unfortunately I just don't have this same shade of turquoise in a Barry M bottle, but it's all cool, man.  I just keep on truckin', you know?

L-R: Sephora by OPI Slushied!, Barry M Cocoa, Cardamom, Mustard, Chai, and Paprika
After doing a bit of inspirational Googling for 70s-themed patterns and prints, I matched up this image from my Cici&Sisi 04 plate and went to work.

Cici & Sisi 04 rectangular stamp pattern full nail image.

After starting with a base of 2 coats of Chai, I stamped the image in Cocoa over all my nails, twisting and turning as necessary to avoid repeating the pattern, cuz that's my bag.

Rectangular stamped nail art in a 1970s-inspired color scheme and pattern.

I came back in with a detail brush and filled the rectangles with the other colors, which almost all came from the Barry M Fall/Autumn 2014 Gelly release, and coincidentally all fit a very 70s color scheme.  After sealing everything with SV to prevent smudging, I matted it down with NYC Matte Me Crazy top coat, and I was ready to boogie!

Rectangular stamped nail art in a 1970s-inspired color scheme and pattern.

If you're one of those cool cats who can dig a hip look like this, check out the other 70s/Grey+color manis in the inlinkz below.






So now I have to know, can YOU dig it?  Is this look totally out of sight, or am I a jive turkey?  Be cool and let me know in the comments down below, man!

Until next time, peace out, and I will check you later!