Monday 7 April 2014

Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes

Hey y'all!

Today I'm breaking away from the nail end of beauty blogging to introduce a new product and a new brand to you.  My friend Tanya introduced me to this new line of cosmetics called Younique - the retail side of things is a bit similar to Avon or Mary Kay, in that you have an independent representative who basically runs his/her own business with this cosmetic line.  I went poking around at the products available, and one immediately struck me: the 3D Fiber Lashes.  What in the world, right?  Let me show you.



This product comes in a nice quilted faux leather case, of similar size to a reading glasses case.



Inside are two tubes of product - one with the Transplanting Gel and one with 3D Fibers.

The Transplanting Gel wand is essentially a mascara wand, and the gel itself is black.  The primary ingredient is collagen.


The smaller tube contains the 3D fibers, which are of similar consistency to flocking powder, but the fibers are longer and maybe a bit softer.  These fibers are make from the green tea plant.


To apply, you begin with one coat of regular mascara.  When dry, you apply a coat of the Transplanting Gel, followed immediately by swiping the fibers on, and sealed with another coat of the gel. You can repeat for even denser, fuller lashes.  I apologize in advance for the weird focus on these photos - for some reason my camera only wanted to focus on one eye and not the other, but you can still see the progression pretty well.



Younique 3D Fiber Lashes applied to right eye

One coat


Two coats


Three coats



As you can see, the product clearly does work.  It's not without a bit of mess, however, namely fallout of the fibers, so it may take a few applications before you feel like you've really mastered the art of applying them.  However, it's definitely easier than applying falsies, with less mess and much easier removal, so these would be a great option if you hate falsies as much as I do.

I made a first impressions video the first time I ever applied this products, so check it out if you're interested.




For more information about Younique 3D Lashes and the complete cosmetic line, you can see Tanya's Younique page.

Hope you're all having a fantastic day!  I'll be back tomorrow with more nail art.

(Disclaimer:  This product was purchased by me for review.  I am not compensated in any way by Younique or Tanya Kellogg for this review.)

6 comments:

  1. So happy that you enjoyed the product! One thing that I am so happy about is the "mess factor" that you speak about has been improved with the introduction of our new formula!! The ingredients are still the same natural and easy to remove ones as before; however with a bit of a "tweak" to the formulation, the mascara now allows amazing results with fewer coats. I only use one and without a base mascara even!! And not the mess of falling fibers as they better adhere to the transplanting gel. I am happy to announce that Younique will be launching in the UK this year, and is now live in Australia for presenters to begin their businesses with products available for sale the first of May. I absolutely love the entire product line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know! They must have really listened to the feedback about the product. That's the sign of a really good company!

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! I've seen these posted on my friend's fb and was interested in seeing them work. They look fabulous on you! As I read the post I totally didn't see that you only did one eye and was like wow, that so isn't working on the other eye. :) Hahahaha! Loved the video too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon. I was pretty nervous about it - having the camera anywhere but my hands was a bit panic-inducing, but I forced myself to do it. On the plus side, it probably won't be seen by enough people to garner any trolls :)

      Delete
  3. I will admit, the look of the fibre brush actually makes me feel a bit uneasy, just cause it looks like its been down the side of the sofa cushions lol. But saying that you can see it clearly works. My question would be, what was removal like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it wasn't full of cracker crumbs! LOL But I hear what you're saying. As for removal, it wasn't hard at all - a bit like removing waterproof mascara, or maybe a bit easier. I use makeup remover wipes, and the product came off really pretty easily using those.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!