Tuesday 22 April 2014

Neon Starbursts - TPTC

Hey y'all!

Today's nail art comes courtesy of Vic at Glowstars and Sam at FingerFood, both of whom are responsible for stirring up my need to throw some neon on my nails.   Since I currently only own one truly fluorescent nail polish at the moment, I had to improvise a bit, but I think the results are well worth it.  Still working under this month's Tri-Polish Tuesday colors of pink, blue, and yellow, I present to you this sparkly neon starburst nail art!



This required only the use of some striping tape and patience, because as we know, striping tape requires patience.  Oh, it also needed polishes.

L-R: Belle Glamour unnamed, so I'm calling it Hot Pink, LA Colors Shock, OPI DS Lapis, Pure Ice Superstar!  Not pictured because again, the dumb, NYC Matte Me Crazy.
I started with the white base coat to make neons "pop".  Once dry, I was able to apply Shock to my ring finger and Hot Pink to all others.


The Hot Pink polish I received from a store-closing sale from Belle Glamour, and it wasn't yet named but it's SOO intense!   Being completely uncreative as I was the past week while in editing hell, I couldn't come up with a good name for it, so...


After the base colors dried, I added Matte Me Crazy to knock the shine off.  Once that was thoroughly dry, I was able to start applying my striping tape in this 8-segmented starburst pattern, which took 4 pieces of striping tape each.   If I hold my tongue JUST right and the Blood Moon is waning, I can eyeball the tape pretty exactly.  If not... well, I just call it abstract and move on. 


Luckily my prayers to Isis were answered (the goddess, not my dog), and once the striping tape was on, I carefully applied the glittery goodness that is LapisLapis came out last year in the DS Raw Granite duo from OPI, and I still just think it's absolute matte perfection.  It has a mild texture to it, it dries super fast. 


I hope you enjoyed this sparkly neon goodness, and I'll see ya back tomorrow!  In the mean time, don't forget to check out all the other pink, yellow, and blue looks from the Nail Tarts!





15 comments:

  1. Yay! These are awesome, and I also feel like some kind of neon pimp! :D Wait until the others arrive - you'll be blinding us all with neons left, right and centre!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait! It's bizarre, as I've never been a neon girl before, but I'm totes ready to rock some brights this spring and summer!

      Delete
  2. Dang girl! These are so amazing! The lines are so crisp and sharp! Adding that matte coat to the neons was a brilliant idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you ladies like these, since honestly I was kind of iffy about them!

      Delete
  3. Love the neon colours and the way you chose to style it! It looks brilliant, and done perfectly well, as always :D I can't wait to try this out for myself~

    Check out my post about graffiti: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/do-it-yourself-with-someone.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! I've got a backlog of blogs to read right now, but yours is definitely in there and I'm hoping to slam through some of them today!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! That particular glitter polish really works nicely with the tape!

      Delete
  5. These are awesome! I love how that sparkle allllmmmooosst looks like a texture compared to the super smooth neon bursts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess technically it is a texture, although it isn't officially a Liquid Sand. Both of the Raw Granite polishes have a bit of texture to them.

      Delete
  6. These look awesome, love it... I can never get my tape that perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Believe me when I say it didn't just slap onto the nails that way. Had to readjust them all several times each :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! The pop of color in the lines is perfect against the dark glitter/texture polish.

    It's strange because I'm not usually that huge of a neon person, but I find myself liking looks with those bright colors more and more lately. (Even if part of me thinks neons should stay back in my childhood memories, where they belong:P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yanno it's odd... this year is the first year I've been at all excited about wearing neons. I dunno what's causing it!

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!