Friday 15 August 2014

Pink and lace stamping

Hey y'all!

Friday brings 'round another entry for this week's Colour Me Crazy challenge, and this week the prompt is all pink.  Some of you will know, and I've mentioned here before, that I'm hugely NOT a fan of pink, whether it be nail polish or clothing or accessories.  It has always been too soft for my liking, and growing up tomboy I always kind of resented pink being the "color of girls".  I had to scratch around in my helmer for a bit to find a decent palette with which to work, and because it came off so soft, I decided to add some lace stamping over top.

Pink lace stamping nail art

In total, I ended up using 7 polishes, but this time I am actually counting top coat and base color, so...

L-R: Models Own White Light, Barry M Matte Top Coat, Barry M Superdrug Birthday LE, Rimmel Ethereal, Revlon Bubble Gum, Collection Hoola Hoop, Konad White

Vivid Lacquer VL025
Vivid Lacquer VL025 floral lace image
I started with White Light as my base on all nails.  On my thumb and ring finger, I added two coats of the Superdrug Birthday LE.  This polish looked so cute on some of the swatches I saw when it came out, but to be honest, I just really don't much care for it. 

Pink lace stamping nail art

On the other three fingers, I created a "splodge" effect with tiny pieces of cut up makeup sponge, layering the other three pinks from darkest to lightest and trying to keep overlap to a minimum so I wouldn't cover everything up.  After that, I matted the entire mani down and stamped the image to finish.

Pink lace stamping nail art

Definitely one of the softer, girlier looks I've created.  I think the key is really matting down the base before stamping to give it a bit of depth and texture.  Of course because the final look doesn't have any topcoat to seal in the stamping, wear time would be limited depending on how rough you are with your nails.

For more pink looks, check out the inlinkz below.



As always, I hope you're all well and ready to enjoy the weekend.  I'll see ya tomorrow!