Friday 3 April 2015

FingerFood's Daisies - NCC Recreations

Hey y'all!

Happy Friday!  Today we kick off my second month in the Nail Challenge Collaborative, which happens to be celebrating its third anniversary this month!  In honor of 3 years of talented nail artists doing monthly themes, we've decided to use this month's theme to recreate some of our favorite NCC looks from days gone by.  Today I'm recreating a really sweet look done by a former NCC member and an all-around really cool chick, so here's my version of FingerFood's Sugar-Coated Daisies.


I actually own two of the original polishes Sam used to create this textured floral nail art look, so I began with those - two coats of Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Sugar Fix on my ring finger, and two coats of Lick-O-Rich on all the other nails. 


When dry, I reversed the polishes to create 5-petal flowers on each nail, trying to recreate Sam's original placement as best I could with a different nail shape.  Dotting with textured polishes is not easy - in fact it was actually kind of a PITA, but I persevered.  On the accent nail, I added a white center dot of Sugar Fix so that I could then add all the daisy centers with George GelPro Festival, which is not a textured polish but was the closest yellow to Sam's in tone. 


Although the final look is a little bumpy and rough, I'm pretty happy with the recreation portion of it, since I loved the original look and think it still holds up even on a different nail shape over a year later.  What do you think?

For more fabulous recreations of past NCC looks, check out the inlinkz below.




Have a fantastic Easter weekend, and I will see you tomorrow!