Friday 5 December 2014

12DOC: Snowmen

Hey y'all!

Happy Friday!  Can you believe we've already made it through the first week of December, and Christmas is only 3 weeks away?  Sometimes it feels like the first half of the year drags on and takes forever, then as soon as September hits, everything whizzes past!  Marching right along in the 12 Days of Christmas challenge is today's prompt: Snowmen, so I turned once again to that trusty pack of nail charms I bought at Poundland, and added some freehand nail art to flesh out my look.

Snowman winter nail art.

I was able to use a few of the new shinies in my untried box for this look, which makes it a win for me!

L-R: e.l.f. Dream Maker, Sinful Colors Blue Suede Shoes, Sally Hansen big matte, Sinful Colors Bottoms Up, Pure Ice Superstar!
I started with a coat of Blue Suede Shoes on all nails.  I'm so thankful that I was able to find a few really pretty shades in the Sinful Shine line during our Texas trip, which included this gorgeous pale grey-blue, and the much deeper grey-blue of Bottoms Up, which I applied over the top with a wadded piece of cellophane, similar to the marbling technique (the difference being that I actually painted Bottoms Up onto the cellophane and then dabbed, rather than applying the polish over top and then using the cellophane to smudge it around).  The result is a sort of murky dusk sky color, over which I sponged Superstar! to the tips to create a snow-fallen landscape for my scene.

Snowman winter nail art.

I added in some snow fall with Dream Maker, and then matted the entire nail.  I painted in some tree silhouettes in black watercolor paint, and finished by adding my snowman charm.

Snowman winter nail art.

I realized after the fact that my charm is a bit too cartoonish for the scene I created, but I really don't care, LOL.  I am very satisfied with the backdrop scene, whose only purpose was to give that charm a world in which to live!

To see more Snowman nail art looks, be sure to check out the inlinkz below!





I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and try not to kill each other if you're still out trying to cross off your Christmas shopping lists (or anything else, for that matter)!  Take care, and I will see you soon!