Friday 24 April 2015

Doctor Crafty's Green and Orange Abstract - NCC Recreations

Hey y'all!

It's finally Friday!  This makes for exciting news for most of the us, and today I'm excited to be able to bring you my final recreation for this month's Nail Challenge Collaborative theme, celebrating 3 years of nail art goodness.  Today I've decided to recreate Doctor Crafty's Green and Orange Abstract Geometric nail art, which I thought was a really unique and colorful, fun look.

Freehand recreation of Doctor Crafty's Green and Orange Abstract geometric nail art.

Whereas I didn't have, well, ANY of the polishes that Nicole used to create this look, I got as close as I could and went from there.

L-R: Barry M Mango, ILNP Mutagen, Pure Ice Superstar!, Company Polish Lana
As far as technique goes, I also don't have any chevron nail vinyls, so I pulled out a short striping brush and freehanded my geometrics as best I could.  Starting with two coats of Superstar! on all nails, I applied the mint green blocks in Lana first.

Freehand recreation of Doctor Crafty's Green and Orange Abstract geometric nail art.

On the opposite side of each nail, I tried to replicate the exact reverse of the angles I'd created with Mutagen.  I had a few fiddly bits that I cleaned up with Superstar! and a small detail brush.  To finish, I added the dots of Mango with a dotting tool, and added top coat.  My first choice for top coat was very, very wrong, which is why you can see the smearing on my pinky, so I flipped over to use KB Shimmer COT to finish glossing.

Freehand recreation of Doctor Crafty's Green and Orange Abstract geometric nail art.

I wasn't sure I liked these at first either, but after wearing them for a day, they've kind of grown on me.

For more of the final round of NCC member recreations, be sure to check out the inlinkz below.





Have a fantastic weekend, and I'll see ya tomorrow!